In January 2021, The NAMM Foundation featured The International Ukulele Teaching Symposium during NAMM's Believe in Music Week. The popular event hosted by Peter Luongo featured renowned ukulele community leaders discussing best teaching practices during the current remote-learning period and beyond. Based on the Symposium's extraordinary success, the NAMM Foundation is delighted to continue the dialogue about teaching and learning to play the ukulele with the International Ukulele Teaching Symposium Webinar Series
. Monthly episodes from March through July 2021 will feature in-depth conversations with All-Stars of the Ukulele world sharing instruction models used with their own established, successful programs.
Music educators, ukulele teachers, learners, enthusiasts, community program coordinators, etc., are invited to join the conversation about the growing trend to teach, learn, and enjoy music-making by employing the ukulele as the instrument of choice for aspiring musicians of all ages.
- March 25th: J. Chalmers Doane, the man who created Canada’s ukulele initiative 50 years ago. His daughter, Melanie who established a community program 10 years ago that currently offers weekly lessons to 1,000 students in Toronto, Canada.
- April 29th: The founders of the most successful ukulele studio in Hawaii, Roy and Kathy Sakuma and their most famous alumnus, Jake Shimabukuro.
- May 27th: Peter and Paul Luongo, and Elizabeth Zielke will discuss The Langley Ukulele Association (Est. 1981) that features the internationally acclaimed Langley Ukulele Ensemble.
- June 24th: James Hill will speak to the multiple teaching and learning initiatives that he has developed under the UKETROPOLIS label.
- July 29th: A panel of workshop and festival organizers (Cathy Fink, Marcy Marxer, Ben Hassenger, Mary Agnes Krell) will discuss learning formats for opportunities that will be available for ukulele enthusiasts in 2021 and beyond.
For more information about the complete International Ukulele Teaching Symposium Webinar Series, link here
Update on COVID-19
We regret that because of the increase in COVID cases, we are temporarily closing our store.
We continue to offer online shopping and shipping. Customers in the Vancouver area may arrange to drive by and pick up orders. Pickup is available Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm.
Thank you for your patience, support and cooperation during these difficult times.
Set of nested composite (pvc) djembes. 8" (20cm), 10"(25cm), 12" (30cm) The 10"(25cm) and 12"(..
15"(38cm) 2.5"(6.4cm) First Nations style drum with traditional tied leather at back. Wood fra..
New from Groove Masters Percussion: The Tubolo. Take a typical tube-style drum, cross it with a Braz..
Individual percussion kits for each student. 4-piece percussion kit with bag includes1 &n..
Elementary Musical Instruments from Empire Music
After more than 70 years in the music business, we take pride in offering music educators and students a choice of the best musical instruments available. We're committed to offering you the best products, customer service, and value in the industry.
Please browse our extensive range of products to find the musical instruments, teaching aids, or accessories to meet your needs. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, or have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-663-5979.